Monday, January 7, 2013

Brave?

I have decided to start a blog to document this next journey in my life.  I know God has a plan for me and I am excited and scared for this next phase of my life.

In one week I will be in New York City to look for my apartment in Manhattan.  In less than a month, I will be living in that apartment..... crazy stuff!





How did I get here?  How is this happening?

A few months ago I got an email from a hospital in Manhattan that was hiring a CMD (Certified Medical Dosimetrist.... which I am).  I thought it would be such a neat opportunity, so I thought about it for a few days and decided to apply.  I didn't really think anything would come of it, but I decided it couldn't hurt to take a risk.   Before I knew it I had a phone interview, the phone interview turned into an interview in person and that turned into a job offer.

I never had big dreams of moving to NYC, but I have had dreams of living life to its fullest.  My life has changed so much in the last two years.  I have had so much spiritual and personal growth and I have realized that I only get one life and I want to do things that are out of my comfort zone and I want to experience the world and different people and different ways of life.  I know I am rambling with lots of run ons and commas, but lets face it, I am a dosimetrist, not a writer, and the way I am feeling right now is very run on.  I have a lot going on in my mind.

People keep telling me how brave I am and how proud they are of me.  The truth is that I do not feel brave.  I feel scared.  Until today I was very excited about the move, and it didn't seem real.... Maybe it's because it is my last week at work.... Maybe it is because I leave to find an apartment next week.  But I feel scared.  I have such an amazing support group in Houston.  Such amazing women.  My family is in Houston.  My four week old niece is in Houston.  And I am leaving all of it, voluntarily..... I keep wondering what the heck I am doing.... I know it will be such a great life experience for me....

I leave you with some pictures of my Houston life that I love so much.  {Because every blogpost needs pictures}.

Brittney Rae and niece Kylie Rae





Texas Medical Center



Parties




Fun at the Texans Games




No comments:

Post a Comment